Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The List: Jeremy's Response




You're Dialed In with JQ

A quick note before you read this. Goddamn if Jeremy didn't out due himself and create a much better list than mine. In my own defense, I started the list just because I was bored and really didn't put too much thought into it. More of just a total ramble. But Jeremy did put one hell of a funny list together. But I'll re-evaluate, compose myself, and come back with some real winners. So without further ado, Jeremy's better list.

1) I've seen bits and pieces of Kevin Smith's blog (the only post I remember is the one where he gives his top 10 movies of the year, and I think that was last year), so while it's probably totally awesome, I still haven't subscribed (as the kids like to say).
2) I think top 10s are better than top 20s, and top 5s are better than top 10s, but only because you're really limited. It's like the difference between asking what you'd do with a quintillion dollars or $100,000. The latter seems so much more tangible and takes so much more thought. That said, however, I'll both respond and spit out some random shit over here in the same format.
3) I'm alright. The work week could be a bit nasty, but whatever. Life is fine and dandy.
4) Fuckin' money.
5) What?
6) I did. What? I mean Quoff? Sounds too much like the verb given to the action of air coming out of one's vagina. And by one, I mean James.
7) I think I've seen the latest BSG. Was it the one where they get to the base ship and jump back with it? By far the best episode so far. Finally, something worth thinking about. I mean, I don't mind the drama and all, but when questions about science, nature, the soul, the future of an intelligence explosion (do google searches for 'moore's law' or 'scientific singularity' and skim the wikipedia articles -- the terminator is coming bitch -- for shizzle... and the fucker might only have flowers, not guns), not to mention asking who the 5th is, what starbuck is going to do with the shit that the hybrid told her, etc., etc.... way better than drama-only. It's the reason we all love back to the future, or the matrix. So, yeah fuckin' yeah.
8) 2 weeks. Get out! (insert elaine-ish julia-louis-dryfus voice)
9) the 5th? Leaning more toward starbuck.... Think about this: Wouldn't it be a HUGE bang job if Starbuck starts saying shit like, "Yeah Adama, your son found out I was a cylon. I had to kill him. He was such a bad flier that it didn't take much, blah blah." I mean, Cylons use relationships to get 'in'. It's part of the programming, right? BOOM!
10) Pretty sure it's not Baltar. I just doesn't add up. He was on that ship for so long -- didn't he put his hand in the base ship's "red zone?" The relationship between the 6 and him is so much better if he's human and she's not. And, fuck, if he were a Cylon, why would they ever have needed to send a Cylon to seduce him?... yeah yeah yeah, he wouldn't have known he was a cylon, but it just seems like it would be bad story writing. Right? Or maybe I suck.
11) Lost is really good. I mean, what? refer to the last sentence of number 10.
12) I'm telling my mom you said that. For real.
13) You need to write down all the JQ classics and run with it. We're never going to remember this shit when we actually get it off the ground... damn it!
14) I can't believe you made it to 14. I can't believe I'm still going. I have to shit and I'm pretty tired. If an RW is needed, I'll just take a shower.
15) It's probably stupid, but if I need 45 in 301, I shoot for trip 15s. Then, If I hit a single 15, I go for double 15. If I miss the board, I do it again on the third dart (if i miss on the third and hit say a 2, I'll keep going for that fucker, because anything I hit won't put me over really). If the second dart was a 10, then it's back to the easy target of 20, and you're sittin' pretty for a win or the next round.
16) Can't say I've listened to any of the Indy hype. I think I'm going to wait until I get the prognosis of a few key people, yourself included, before making the plunge. I think I'll know then if it's worth the ticket price or if it's a wait-er after a phone conversation or few.
17) Batman. Yeah... it's another of those wait and see flics tho'. Movies have been disappointment after disappointment for me. After seeing that MPAA documentary I can't help but think that we are shit off the platter that is quite a bit stankier than it needs to be.
18/19) Ass to mouth... what does his chick-to-be say afterward?... you SOMETIMES can go ass to mouth. About 20 people told me to never see Clerks 2. I watched it for the first time about a year ago. It wasn't that bad. I actually thought it was pretty good, especially given everyone's 2nd-time-you-see-it theory.
20) And, well, now it's pooping time. I will talk to your ass in a couple.
rocket,
jeremy

No comments: