Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Streak Begins


You're Dialed In with JQ


Where do I even start? Well it would be totally unlike me if I didn't mention the Avalanche. Last night we played the division leading Calgary Flames. It was especially memorable since we got to see Adam Foote back where he belongs.....in a Av's sweater. The boys played with a hop in their step that we haven't seen in the last few weeks. Even being down by a goal late in the 3rd period didn't seem to slow down the Av's much. The physical battles were won against the boards, Jose Theodore played really well again only allowing 2 goals, and our offense was alive and kicking. Finally there was heart. Finally there was purpose. Finally there was a solid win against a good team and division rival.

The only downside of the game was that it went into overtime assuring the Flames of at least 1 point. Paul Stastny once again played a stellar game and proved that he is one of our most valuable players, scoring the overtime game winner. So although we only gain 1 point on Calgary, we gained 2 on everyone else. We're climbing the ladder and very soon, possibly tonight, we'll be back in a playoff spot. For those of you that remember last year, the Av's went on one of the best late season streaks we've seen in a long time. Winning 15 of a possible 17 if memory serves me right. Only to come up short by one point and miss the playoffs for the first time in Avalanche franchise history. Well, I'm predicting it right now. With less than 20 games left, I'm going to say that the Av's win at least 14 games. How can I make such a bold prediction you ask. I'll tell you. I'm a believer. Only time will tell. So stay dialed in.

No comments: